Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sedimentary rocks! These rocks are made up of other rocks. There are two main types of sedimentary rocks: Clasts and Chemical. Clastic rocks made up of other rocks. Sandstone is an example we all know. If you look at sandstone close enough you can see it is made up of smaller rocks, called grains. These smaller rocks are cemented and compacted together to form a new rock. Chemical rocks are a bit more complex, but simply stated they are precipitated chemically in water. Here are some examples I got to identify in class. Give it a shot, see if you can name them.
Chemical
A

B

C

D
E

F
G
H
I


Clastic
J

K

L

Either email me your answers or just leave them as comments. Good luck!




1 comment:

  1. I know what they all are but I don't want to ruin the fun for other viewers.

    ReplyDelete