Friday, February 17, 2012

Metamorphic rocks
These rocks are formed under great pressure and heat (without melting). They come in two main types: foliated and nonfoliated. Heat from magma and pressure from overlying rocks alter these rocks to make new rocks. Yeppers a new test! I am only going to have one more test then a post with all the answers. 
A

B


C

D

E

F
These are just the basic metamorphic rocks, there many more. My next post is going to be about our Mineral Museum, I am complying a short history of it now. We have thousands of amazing minerals, if there is a mineral of rock you want shown on here let me know and I will see what can be done. Enjoy guessing which one is which!


3 comments:

  1. Feel free to make comments, guess what the rocks are. I will post the answers in a couple days, maybe a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should give us multiple choice questions so some of us have a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about I give you the names and you match them?

    ReplyDelete